What is Floodcheck®?
Unfortunately the vast majority of homes worldwide have absolutely no form of water leak prevention or detection installed, leaving them open to huge damage should a leak or flood occur.
Typically, such devices are only installed after an incident of water damage has occurred, often at the insistence of insurers.
It is anticipated in the future, all new properties will come with a leak detection/prevention device fitted as standard, in much the same way as electrical fuse boxes are installed now; more importantly older homes will require systems to be retrofitted, to protect home owners, investors and insurance companies from the huge costs and devastation that water damage can cause.
We strongly believe that the Floodcheck® range of products (and associated services) can be deployed to properties all over the world, ensuring that they are safe from leaks or floods, providing one less stress for their owners.
The Floodcheck® ‘Auto’ valve is a flood prevention device, that monitors the water supply 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days of the year, to minimise internal water damage caused by leaks or floods, protecting your property from internal flooding by monitoring the water usage and automatically switching off the mains water supply if the device detects any of the following:
- A water leak (or forgotten running tap)
- An excess flow of water (e.g burst pipe)
- Low temperature (to prevent frozen pipes)
- Zero water usage (e.g vacant property or owners away)
Floodcheck® Auto is available in UK and EU 15mm & 22mm and USA 1/2″ and 3/4″ sizes.
Suitable power supplies are also available/supplied for these countries.
Water Control Switch
Optionally, Floodcheck® can supply or install a “Water Control Switch”, the switch can be easily installed anywhere within a property.
The “Water control Switch” can be hard wired or wireless controlled and replicates the controls on the Floodcheck® Auto, allowing you easy and convenient access to the controls of the Floodcheck® Auto system, whilst also providing three other very useful features:
- Bypass – When used this will increase the “Flow Time” from 15 minutes (or the user set time) to one hour, allowing water to be used for longer periods of time when needed e.g. watering the garden or washing a vehicle.
- Vacate – When used, the Vacate button will instantly switch the water valve off, so you won’t have to wait for the usual 24 hours of non-use before the valve turns off, the supply will not be restored until the “Reset” button is pressed.
- Wet Pad Detectors – These are an optional extra. See below
A wireless version the “Water Control Switch” is also available as an optional extra.
Wetpads are credit card sized water sensors that can be placed anywhere in a building.
They are connected together in a safe, low voltage chain, Wireless Wet pads are also available.
The Wetpads are an optional extra and can be added to your Floodcheck system in vulnerable areas where leaks are liable to happen e.g under a sink, bath or washing machine.
The Wetpads connect to the Water Control Switch and should they get wet, or even damp, they will sound an audible alarm and turn the water supply off.
You can have multiple Wetpads placed around your home wherever you need them, to further ensure your peace of mind.